Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dear Mom and Dad,

On behalf of myself and my four siblings (Anne, Cheryl, Kevin, and Matt), along with the numerous dogs, cats, birds, lizards, hamsters, gerbils, snakes, and fish. I wholeheartedly apologize for putting you through decades of chaos and destruction. Luckily, all children survived what is considered the most dangerous and, frankly, idiotic times of our lives...adolesence. Besides a few gray hairs, you both seemed to come out okay as well. However, the house, well that's another story. But in our defense, and considering all the parties and science experiments performed while you were away, the house is, after all, still standing. That in itself is an accomplishment!

Oh yes, remember the time Anne spilled the container of Seamonkeys down the back of the TV? I'm still amazed we didn't burn down the house. Or that one Easter when Seabear got into the box of Cadbury Eggs and left a number of large juicy bombs all over the house? Thankfully our great big dog survived. And the time when Kevin, Matt, and I got into the locked gun cabinet, pulled out the BB gun, and decided to pump a few rounds in our bedroom? Amazingly, no one shot their eye out. (I'm still not sure how we managed that feat, but take note all you parents out there, NOTHING is truly childproof. If there's a will, there's a way.) I could go on and on but I don't want to worry you with any more stories that you may not have known about (Ahhh, what BB gun???).

Again, what I want to say is sorry, from the bottom of our hearts. You did an amazing job raising us. The house on the other hand, has been left with more than just bruises (more like broken bones) and has seen better days. Now that we're all grown up and moved out you've finally been able to start investing back into the house. And I must say, the new roof, siding, side door, and bathroom look amazing! I can't wait to see how the kitchen turns out.

You deserve to treat yourselves for once, and the house will be as happy as the day I moved out. Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting us be kids back when it mattered...when we were actually kids!

Love to you (and the house)!

Sincerely,

Paula, Anne, Cheryl, Kevin, Matt, and the jungle of animals you've taken in over the years.


Bathroom Before




Bathroom After


No comments: