Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weddings, Sunsets, and Aruba

These three things go hand-in-hand when you're in the Caribbean. For the last week I've been living it up in paradise, but what brought me to the specific island of Aruba? My cousins beautiful sunset wedding. The happy couple requested no gifts (our presence was our present), but I insisted on making them one of my books. Taking inspiration from their wedding colors (bright pink, light pink, gold, silver), her wedding dress, and the sandy beaches and tropical flowers, I came up with this:
The flower-patterned paper is a delicate Japanese paper I found at Paper Source in Chicago (my favorite store in the Windy City). It even has a soft feel to it, not to mention the color palette is perfect. Gorgeous!

The wedding took place at Tierra del Sol Country Club on the northern side of the island. This last photo was taken on the terrace overlooking the groomed landscape with a perfect view of what turned out to be the most beautiful sunset during our stay.

Congratulations Maria and Fred! Your wedding was the highlight of the year (not to mention a feature in Aruba's very own newspaper!).

No comments: