Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hibernation

So it's been a while since I posted, and I apologize for that. But, what can I say? I'm a procrastinator. And it's hard getting used to running a blog. It's takes a lot of devotion and time. And I promise (*wince*) that I wont ever do that to you again. That is...waiting a whole month before I give you another post. [insert profuse apologies here] Anyways, back to business. Just because I haven't shared anything lately doesn't mean I haven't been productive. Actually, I have! January is the dead of winter where I come from and many, but not all, people in the Midwest go into hibernation mode. It's a survival skill to get us through the long, cold, and snowy months. Life slows down to a crawl - which isn't bad. It just makes for some boring times, and equally bored people. Personally, I hunker down by reading a lot of books and sleeping as much of it away. But lately, I've been working on a few projects. First, I'm re- "organizing" my office (more on that to come at a later date). Second, I've been reverting back to some old school fun, sketching! So here are a few highlights of my sketches. Okay, now let me explain, I use the word sketch loosely. By sketch I mean, doodle. It's never a finished drawing, but is still a great way to quickly get on paper what's in my head. Ironically, a lot of what's in my head is food and Spring. Which would explain the vegetables, fruit and flowers. Oh, and I threw a foot in there for practice; nothing is harder than drawing feet or hands.

No comments: